Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tutoring??

So, have I mentioned that I'm a reading tutor for the Ephraim Initiative through Peace of the City Ministries? My schedule is Monday - Thursday, three hours a day. One of my students is an adorable little girl, age 6. My first "job" was to get to know her, so we played a word game which involved categories of cards (think "rummy"). Unfortunately, one of the categories was food. I knew I'd lost control when she began telling me ALL of her favorite foods - quite an extensive list, I might add. I thought I'd finally drawn her back into the game, and we had each taken a couple of turns when, all of a sudden, she put her cards down and said, "I hope we have pizza for a snack today! I really, really, really like pizza!!" This is going to be an interesting year.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

If she reallllllllyyyyy likes pizza, use it as a fun way to keep track of what she reads or summarize the stories she reads. I'll explain what I mean when I talk to you on the phone. COnstruction paper pizza slices, etc.