Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wonderful Wednesday

Wednesdays are craft days at my friend's house. So there we were, crafting away, each of us intent on what we were doing. The weather has been unseasonably chilly the last few days, so I asked Linn if she wanted to go for french onion soup at Ilio's. We both decided it was a good idea, so we headed there around noon. Let me tell you, Ilio's has the best french onion soup in Western New York, maybe even the state. Really. We started this little tradition of going there for soup the first day our kids went back to school each year. Well, our kids have all graduated and moved on with their lives, but the tradition carries on. This isn't the beginning of the school year you say? No, but it sure felt like it. Brrrr.

In other news, I have been asked by the same friend if I would teach her daughter how to drive. Ab will be starting grad school in September and really needs to be able to drive herself instead of relying on her dad all the time. Linn was totally serious about the request, and Ab is up for it too. So, we start on Friday. I have to say that I'm a little nervous about getting in the car with a new driver, again. I thought I was done with that forever. But, I took a spiritual gifts inventory a few years ago, and one of my gifts is teaching. Do you think God meant driver's education?? I know He has a sense of humor, but....

No comments: