Thursday, September 3, 2009

Random Thoughts

First random thought - Wow! It's been a while since I last put my thoughts down in blogdom. It's been an absolutely wonderful summer - activity-wise, not weather-wise! We have been doing a lot of bike riding together, my Honey and I. Who knew I'd actually like something which is also physically beneficial (i.e., good exercise)! We had a terrific 4th of July with my sister, brother-in-law, and parents; a totally awesome family reunion in Indiana; our son-in-law's ordination (so proud of him!); "Camp Grandma-Grandpa 2009" with R & L. Perhaps the most thought-provoking thing we've done this summer, though, is something called The Truth Project, a 13 week dvd series put out by Focus On The Family. Which leads me into:

Second random thought - Each week Dr. Del Tackett takes the viewer on a "tour" of a given subject. I highly recommend this series to any and every believer. It is not an apologetic series, therefore I would not take unbelievers to it (the ALPHA course is better suited for that purpose). It presupposes at least a desire to live within the framework of God's leading; it strengthens the belief system already in place. Amazing series...

Third random thought - In conjunction with #2, I am reevaluating some areas of my life. I find that I spend WAY TOO MUCH TIME on things that do not further the cause of the Kingdom, and hope to purge my life of said things as quickly as possible.

Fourth random thought - In all of my years as a Christian, I have noticed that God speaks to me most clearly during the summer months (perhaps I listen more closely then?). This summer He has impressed upon me a portion of Scripture which I have endeavored to memorize. It is 1 Corinthians 1:18-31. It is a phenomenal thought captured in these verses; I feel a sense of awe and wonder every time I ponder it, and I've done a lot of "pondering" lately.

Fifth (and last) random thought - "I will set before my eyes no vile thing." - Psalm 101:3

No comments: