Thursday, April 23, 2009

What I Really Wanted To Say...

Wednesdays are busy days for me. I usually go to my friend's house for a little crafting/conversation time, then head home to get ready for work. After work I go directly to the church for a very quick dinner before our Financial Peace University class starts. Herein lies the problem. As I was heading to church after work, I realized that I'd forgotten the book.... the one we take notes in... the one that I have somehow become responsible for. So, after weighing my options, I decided to call my DH and ask him to bring the book. No problem, really. Except, he didn't answer. Now what do I do? I decided to swing by the house and see if the book was still there. Maybe DH had been in the shower when I called and he'd gotten the message. But, what if he couldn't find the book??? Oh my... I began to think of what I would say to him if he couldn't find the book. Something like "If you would just open your eyes you would have seen the book, right where it's been for the last eight weeks!" BUT, then I realized that this was not the real problem. Sure, he sometimes looks right past an item he's searching for (don't we all?). The real issue was that I had forgotten the book, and I guess I was kind of mad at myself. The easiest thing to do was to pass the blame along, instead of owning up to it. So, when I saw him at the church, I kissed him and I said, "Hi, Honey. I love you." - Thanks God, for the attitude adjustment!!

No comments: