Thursday, April 16, 2009

Dental Work - Part 2 and 3 and 4

The aforementioned dental work was completed as Dr. Plumb seated the temporary bridge. But, for anyone who knows me, things in the dental realm do not always go as planned, so I was back in to see my dear Dr. Plumb the next week because my jaw still hurt, and apparently it was not supposed to be. Soooo, Dr. Plumb gently made a few adjustments and I was on my way, happy as a clam. Then this past Tuesday the permanent bridge was to be put in place. I walked in and took the seat in the chair, confident that Dr. Plumb would not hurt me......EXCEPT IT WASN'T DR. PLUMB, it was DR. VIC. He scared me and then he hurt me, and then he scared me some more. By the time I was done, I was trying to think of a way to get out of the rest of the treatment plan they had for me. But it gets better. The bridge was loose. No, it wasn't just loose - it came right out. Now I was terrified because I was so afraid that I'd have to see Dr. Vic again that I was crying as I was talking to the scheduler. She promised me that I wouldn't have to see Dr. Vic again, and that I would be seeing Dr. Plumb. So, Wednesday I went in and Dr. Plumb reseated the bridge. He was soooo gentle, and I was soon on my way. Are the Dental gods toying with me? Why, you might ask? Because the bridge is STILL LOOSE!!! Now what do I do? I'm supposed to go in on Friday for a cleaning and crown prep on another tooth, but I don't see how I can have that work done while the bridge is still loose and the teeth under it are still sensitive. I guess I'll find out. The good news is that it will be Dr. Plumb taking care of me, and I trust him.

No comments: