Thursday, March 5, 2009

I Really Don't Like Dentists

I saw a new dentist yesterday; after the problems I had last May, I just couldn't go back to the guy I've seen for 20 years. Yeah, what he did scared me so badly that I haven't sought dental care, which I desperately need. So, I found a place called...are you ready?....GENTLE DENTISTRY - yeah, right. Is there any such thing? Well, to my amazement, once I got in there, I actually found myself relaxing and laughing - yes, laughing! Okay, I admit that this was only the x-rays and evaluation, but considering what I'd been through previously, it was a huge step. The good news is that I'm getting the work done that NEEDS to be done - a bridge on the lower right, and a crown on the lower left. The bad news is that it's gonna cost $3572 and we still don't have an emergency fund in place. Did I mention that hubby and I are taking a course called "Financial Peace University"? This is our 4th week, and it is amazing! I actually cut up four credit cards at last night's class. It's a dynamic program, and I look forward to being debt free - it's going to feel soooo good!! But I digress... so how am I going to pay for the dental bill? Well, of course, they have a l'il ole payment plan (note the sarcasm, please) you can sign up for, which I did. I'm not happy about it, but the financial advisor at the FPU class last night said I'd done the right thing.

So, maybe this dentist will be gentle as he promises. I'll let you know - my first appointment (of about a gazillion) is March 27th. He promised he'll be sedating me (gotta love that Valium!) so I don't feel the extraction...we'll see, we'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I listen to Dave's Radio show here in Atlanta and have read "The Total Money Makeover". So sensible, right? Just wish hubby would come along for the ride. :) You go, girl!

Kelly Kerr